• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby dragon foot swollen/limp

Brian Selvik

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello there beardie lovers,

This morning I noticed my baby bearded dragon’s left rear foot swollen and limp. After researching I soaked her, she drank, eyes and head are alert so that’s the good news. Since this is a new issue, I am going to continue to montior the foot and her behavior. I’m also going to stop by the vet today and show them a photo of the foot. Any additional advice or peace of mind would be very appreciated.
upload_2018-11-28_10-35-19.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum..
It looks like your little one is starting a shedding process, they will and can expand their skill to stretch/loosen the top layer for the shed process.

Now it also could be that the foot got caught on something in the enclosure, so if this continues and doesn't get any better then this is likely what happened and maybe a vet appt should be made to get it looked at.

Latest posts