• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardy sleeping

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_20220626_230728.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_230747.jpg
    IMG_20220626_230747.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome -- they are adorable when so young --
That is normal for them to sleep in things like that however the blue light needs to go--- it causes eye damage and disrupts sleep - please go over your UVB your using please NO coils -- they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues - basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and they should be 105-110- basking bulb needs to be a solid bright white bulb examples are Exo Terra Intense -- Zoo Med repti basking bulb-- Flukers or a Arcadia Halogen -- all these things I have posted are crucial to the health of your dragon -- what size tank is he in? You want a long tube fixture for a UVB --- the best ones on the market now are Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro T 5-- if you need more help please ask

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome -- they are adorable when so young --
That is normal for them to sleep in things like that however the blue light needs to go--- it causes eye damage and disrupts sleep - please go over your UVB your using please NO coils -- they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues - basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and they should be 105-110- basking bulb needs to be a solid bright white bulb examples are Exo Terra Intense -- Zoo Med repti basking bulb-- Flukers or a Arcadia Halogen -- all these things I have posted are crucial to the health of your dragon -- what size tank is he in? You want a long tube fixture for a UVB --- the best ones on the market now are Zoo Med or Arcadia Pro T 5-- if you need more help please ask
So far i haven't seen him have discomfort from the lights at all. But if you say so i can unplug those. Arcadia Desert Reptile Pro T5 kit 39W 12% UVB, inside the tank. Reading is wired with probes giving me basking temps, regular temps and the cool side temps. Basking lights are two Lucky Reptile Halogen Sun Mini 50W. Tanks size is 100cm by 50 by 50 cm.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please get rid of the blue bulb if you havent -- the blue light is going to damage his eyes -- they need clear bright white bulbs like your UVB and your basking bulb ---- your photo period for him should be 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off -- NO colored lights at all --------- so your tank is a 70 gallon tank? Your UVB is good for that size and I am hoping your getting surface basking temps w/ digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate-- your dragon should be basking for AT LEAST 4 hours per day if not longer

Aequipondium

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get rid of the blue bulb if you havent -- the blue light is going to damage his eyes -- they need clear bright white bulbs like your UVB and your basking bulb ---- your photo period for him should be 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off -- NO colored lights at all --------- so your tank is a 70 gallon tank? Your UVB is good for that size and I am hoping your getting surface basking temps w/ digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate-- your dragon should be basking for AT LEAST 4 hours per day if not longer
Yeah, surface temps with a digital probe thermometer, wired to a display on top of the tank where i can edit the temperatures and such if necessary.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Inside of the tank, as well as the basking lights.
Good please make sure the distance is 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor for your UVB and please change the bulb out in approx one year I recommend a month prior to from date of install -- your baby should thrive w/ the correct UVB and the correct surface basking temps --

Latest posts