• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie adjusting

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
Just got a gorgeous citrus tiger baby 6 days ago and she has been having some trouble adjusting. She is legit afraid of everything even if you are across the room get up and start walking by even towards her she will start backing up into a corner of her tank or run and hide under her log. She has only eaten the first day we got her home but has been pooping every day. I have been giving her regular baths as well. Her temps are around 100-105 with a flood light a cermaic heat emitter and a uvb repti sun 10.0 bulb mounted inside the tank. We have been offering her dubia roaches super worms collard greens sweet peppers turnip greens mustard greens you name it. What are some ways we can help her settle in and start eating
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426181275.252476.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If she can see out all sides of her tank, I would cover up 3 sides so she doesn't have sights and sounds coming at her from all directions. I would also leave a radio on low in her room so she gets used to hearing people and noises. If she keeps hearing people talking but nothing is coming to get her she might relax a little. Put a shirt or something with your scent on it in her tank so she gets used to your smell.

Sounds like your lights are good. Temp could be a bit higher in the basking area, it should be more like 105-110 for a baby this small.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She probably doesn't need a bath every day. She might be afraid that when you take her out she is going to have a bath. Leave her be for a few days. I know it's hard – but let her just watching get used to things in the house. After a few days put your hand in the viv. Don't try to touch or just put your hand in. Try doing that for well it may be a few days. Then put your hand in and let her smelt your hand and repeat. Then put your hand in letter smell it and stroke your beard and repeat. Then put your handyman/repaired and put a couple of fingers under her belly as if you're going to pick her up but don't pick her up and repeat. It can be a slow process. Stick with it.

Latest posts