• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby bearded dragon will not eat crickets.

Jamie93

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
I am a newbie beardie owner. Ive had my approx 3-4mo old bearded dragon for a week and a half. I have it in a 20gal tank with reptisun 10.0 uvb loght and a 75w basking lamp. The temperature an humidity are within normal range. The bearded dragon will only eat 2-3 crickets a day and sometimes none at all. I offered it a wax worm since i was worried about it not eating and it eats those just fine and very eager to do so. Im aware they arent a good choice to be feeding but I am out of ideas on how to get him to eat crickets. Please help

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They will often go thru what we call a relocation stress period, during this time they often will not want to eat or will only eat a few...Just keep offering good food items and your dragon will eat, they won't let themselves starve. And the more you give an item that is like beardie crack (lol) the longer they may hold out. You could also try items like BSFL, dubia, silkworms remember variety is a good thing