• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Bearded Dragon still in same spot it sleeped

Jordan oliver

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have had my Baby bearded dragon for about 5 days now and he has been very active and eating very well! He still seems like he is scared of me and runs the glass every now and then! His lights go out at 10 and come on at 9 and when I woke up this morning he is still in the same spot he sleeped last night and has one eye opened and one eye closed! The temps are right in the cage and I have all the right lighting! What could this be?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he might just be sleepy. how old is he? what is he eating? what - exactly - are your temps? can you post a photo of his viv? how big is the viv? how about a photo of him? (we love pics!)

Jordan oliver

Bearded Dragon Egg
he might just be sleepy. how old is he? what is he eating? what - exactly - are your temps? can you post a photo of his viv? how big is the viv? how about a photo of him? (we love pics!)

He has to be at least a couple weeks old prolly a month old! I’m feeding him baby dubia roaches! Basking spot is 105 and cold side is 75-85!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sometimes they will go through an adjustment period - new home, new people, new scenery. they have to get used to new stuff. go easy with him - always pick him up by sliding your hand under his belly - never by putting your hand down from the top and grasping him with your fingers. you might even just try putting your fingers under his belly a few times a day for a few days - while still in his tank - just to get used to you. do you have hides for him? a couple would be good - 1 on warm side and 1 on cool side. give him someplace to escape to. what are you feeding and how much is he eating? how is he today?