• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve gotten my 2 one-month-old baby beardies, Ozzie and Lix. They are being kept together as of now so I’m keeping a close eye on them. During the first week, Lix was way thinner and smaller than Ozzie since he ate less, but then after a few days he started to shed and I guess that’s why he wasn't eating. Now, so far he only shed his tail; however, he is eating very well, and now Ozzie isn’t eating. Ozzie has already shed his tail so far but he still isn’t eating. Lix is now a half centimeter bigger than Ozzie and I’m worried because Ozzie is only eating one dubia roach per meal. He is still very energetic though so I don’t think he is sick. Should I be worried or am I just overreacting?

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I thought that maybe Ozzie just got sick of the dubias so I tried feeding him phoenix worms but he still wouldn’t eat. Also, does anyone know how long it takes for a baby beardie to have a full shed. So far Ozzie only shed his tail, and Lix shed his tail and one of his legs. I read online that it should only take them a few days however it’s been a week already and they haven’t finished shedding fully. Is there anything I could do to help them?

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Don't pull the skin off. If you're getting worried about him not shedding, maybe give him a warm bath, then put him back in the enclosure. Remember, DO NOT pull the skin off, it could really hurt him. Sometimes bearded dragons don't eat until they're done shedding, at least mine did for awhile. Do some extra research just to make sure, because I haven't dealt with them not shedding for that long, so it might help to Google it a little to make sure.

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Don't pull the skin off. If you're getting worried about him not shedding, maybe give him a warm bath, then put him back in the enclosure. Remember, DO NOT pull the skin off, it could really hurt him. Sometimes bearded dragons don't eat until they're done shedding, at least mine did for awhile. Do some extra research just to make sure, because I haven't dealt with them not shedding for that long, so it might help to Google it a little to make sure.

Lix just shed the rest of his body overnight so he’s basically done shedding. I know not to pull the shed off and I have been giving them baths everyday once a day for around 10 minutes.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lix just shed the rest of his body overnight so he’s basically done shedding. I know not to pull the shed off and I have been giving them baths everyday once a day for around 10 minutes.
Glad to hear their shedding is going better. My baby didn't eat much during his shed either, but once he was just about done his appetite picked back up. It took him longer than few days to shed his tail, too . . . enough so it was concerning. Thank goodness the baths and brushing helped.

Jilly

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My beardie never liked dubias and I did know not to get them bigger then the space between her eyes. She tore up the crickets though! And I’m still experimenting on greens, veggies and fruits over a year later.

LixOzzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your help! I’ve had Ozzie and Lix for about a month now, and they have been eating very well. They’ve also grown quite a lot since I got them so I’m pretty sure that’s a good sign :)

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your help! I’ve had Ozzie and Lix for about a month now, and they have been eating very well. They’ve also grown quite a lot since I got them so I’m pretty sure that’s a good sign :)
So great to hear they are doing well! :)