• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Axolotl keepers?

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Have my new tank all set up ready for an axolotl and I've finally found a guy that does them! :D
Only thing is, he has two albino babies, and then the only adults he has, are the black ones. Just curious if anyone on here knows anything about them and if a baby is a bad idea for a beginner? :)
Any advice would be great!

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
It depends how old the babies are. It's better to get them when they are 1 t0 2 months old. This way you know they are eating well. I don't have any, but I do like them, especially the albinos. I think the seller can help you better, ask your questions and let your concerns known.

If you do get the babies, and you have other fish in the tank, make sure you get some quality bottom feeder food. This way they don't have to compete for food.

Good luck and keep us posted.

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
The babies are about 2 months old and have been eating meal worms and other small live foods for the past couple of weeks.
I just thought I'd ask someone who knew a bit more, I'm sure the petstore guy knows what he's talking about, I just don't always trust them due to the fact that they are making money off them, so could tell you anything haha. I ended up taking my brother with me to get my first BD to make sure they weren't conning me :p

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah, chances are that you know more about the price of eggs in China than the petstore guy knows about axolotls.
If they are eating well, you should be good to go.

DanniTheExotic

Hatchling Dragon
Okay thanks! :D Just found out a friends also got some about 2 months old aswell, so going to go look at those first, i'll keep you updated

Latest posts