• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Awkward sleeping rituals...

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Greetings fellow BD enthusiasts! :D

I have heard some funny stories about how awkwardly their BDs sleep, but mine, in my opinion, has gone off that deep end! He almost always sleeps at the top of the faux driftwood I have for him, but each time it's been him atop it, cradled on the branches with his tail and body braced pretty well. A few times he has slept at the bottom with his head against his 20 long, but that has been the extreme exception (usually when he's really active and I've let him stay up way too late). :D

Lately he has been sleeping in the opposite direction at the top, with his tail hanging really low and his feet clamped together below the branches. Is this cause for alarm? Have any of you seen similar behavior? Am I being an overbearing parent? :cool: Please let me know!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Not weird at all. Most of us have witnessed or will witness our dragons sleeping in very odd positions including standing up against the wall of their enclosure. Sometimes the positions can even look painful or at least uncomfortable to us as humans but to them are perfectly fine and comfy. Dragon's also have the ability to lock their joints in place while they sleep which although may appear awkward or unstable makes whatever position they sleep in actually very secure:)
Check around in the forums as there is another thread about this topic which has pictures folks have posted of different dragon's in peculiar sleeping positions.

Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
lol...I'm fixing to here in just a few moments in fact:) My years as a long haul over the road trucker have made into one of those individuals that never really sleeps for any length of time but instead in short 1-4 hour clips...lol..about every two weeks it catches up to me and I will be out cold for a good 7-8 hours...it's all good though cause it allows me to catch all the really cool infomercials on late night TV when I don't have any "quiet" projects I can work on:D

Okay off to snooze!
Enjoy your weekend!!