• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are you creative with your beardie's decor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We're planning on getting a long stick and a few decorations for Spike's cage, soon. Maybe something that can act as a toy, Because all he does is stare at me with those big, Longing eyes. "Pway with me! Pway with me, Momma!"

..But maybe not, When I pick him up, It looks like he's thinking, "SET MEH DOWN! I SAY, SET MEH DOWN!"
ermmm.. sorry for being a dork.

Anyway, How do you decorate the cage. Right now, All I have is a red rock we found in arizona (We boiled it and cooked it in the oven) and a small blue art stone you use in decorating projects. He ignores it usually, But he loves moving it around. I think he's trying to figure out where he wants it.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey there. They love pieces of drift wood. You can find them in the reptile section of pet/reptile stores. Get creative and find a piece that fits your viv.

Since Spike is young, you can add a hammock (Bearded Dragon Hammock) or ramp for basking area.

I say young for the hammock because once Bernie got to big, it couldn't spart his big old fat self. ;D

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We just re-decotated Harley viv, he now has 2 drift wood logs....rocks...as scull and some plants which he just loves.

As time goes on I am quite sure we will buy some more stuff as apparently he is just spoiled rotten !!!

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Actually Renee, Spike has many places to bask. A rock we (Allow me to repeat, Boiled and cooked in oven) found in Arizona is his favorite, because he is attracted to the red color. He also likes a little shiny blue stone I put in his cage, he uses it as an arm rest. And whenever I put his bowl in the cage, he uses it as a pillow. But if not, he uses the stone or rock as a pillow. And so he doesn't get lonely, I have a horned lizard bobblehead in there, but something tells me he doesn't like it because he pooped on it.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds good. I wasn't saying that you didn't have a basking area. Just commenting that they like to climb up a ramp and hang out. :)

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
drift wood is the way to go. they love climbing on it. and get some fake plants...like harley d showed in her one post, they love hiding in the vines!

lunastic

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
"trying to figure out where he wants it," thats cute. Well, I've heard of lots of people putting stuffed animals and pillows in there. Which I personally wouldnt but thats food for thought. I think...sort of.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I like some of the viv pictures in that area of the forum. Some have created a "beach" in one area with tile being in the rest and fake rock walls.

We ultimately had two different logs that we intertwined in order to get the effect we wanted. It is an ongoing effort I think, especially as your beardie grows exponentially from juvenille to adult.

Fidget Midget

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I don't think mine is super-creative, but I definitely think its a cute set-up. For those who are like me and LoVe seeing other people's pictures, here ya go:

I think they have it pretty good.. club house with multiple rooms.. pool, ladder, hammock.. background image that makes them think they can climb glass :-P
0105.jpg

You can't really tell in this picture, but there is a ramp leading down to their pool that they rarely ever use -.-
0110.jpg

Tango looks like she is about to sing us a tune :-P
0111.jpg

0122.jpg

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes i love seeing other peoples setups, i think weve been a little creative, the fake plant vine is split between to 2 of them and they both have a bit of fake vine and a climbing object or 2
P3310406.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts