• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are these signs of metabolic bone disease?

SkyJay

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon stomach is looking sort of caved in on the side. He’s in a 48 x 24 x 22 tank. He eats regularly, and I dust his food with calcium, but I have a hard time to try and get him to drink water. I usually spray the kale and other veggies with water and give him baths 2X a week. The uvb is currently an Arcadia 39watt 12%.

Attachments

• 47AEB23C-101E-421A-98DB-F579EEC8E0A6.jpeg
    47AEB23C-101E-421A-98DB-F579EEC8E0A6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • D27A171E-A1B9-4487-B8B7-E07D1B20425B.jpeg
    D27A171E-A1B9-4487-B8B7-E07D1B20425B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon stomach is looking sort of caved in on the side. He’s in a 48 x 24 x 22 tank. He eats regularly, and I dust his food with calcium, but I have a hard time to try and get him to drink water. I usually spray the kale and other veggies with water and give him baths 2X a week. The uvb is currently an Arcadia 39watt 12%.
Where do you have the UVB? And no the caved side would not be MBD-- is it caved all the time or is it the way he is sitting? I see the indent not sure what that could be-- does he drink from the bath? Is he eating his veggies? His poop will tell you if hes dehydrated-- you want his poop to be dark formed and moist - the white urate formed and moist and some of it can be a little hard on one end -- if the urate is chalky and dried out looking hes dehydrated

SkyJay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where do you have the UVB? And no the caved side would not be MBD-- is it caved all the time or is it the way he is sitting? I see the indent not sure what that could be-- does he drink from the bath? Is he eating his veggies? His poop will tell you if hes dehydrated-- you want his poop to be dark formed and moist - the white urate formed and moist and some of it can be a little hard on one end -- if the urate is chalky and dried out looking hes dehydrated
It looks caved all the time but when he moves he looks normal/fine. The uvb is sitting on the metal wire and yes, he eats his veggies from time to time. He does not drink from his bath. His poop is wet and brown and the white urate is like a milky/watery looking substance

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks caved all the time but when he moves he looks normal/fine. The uvb is sitting on the metal wire and yes, he eats his veggies from time to time. He does not drink from his bath. His poop is wet and brown and the white urate is like a milky/watery looking substance
Metal wire ? Is it like chicken wire where its a wide hole type or a fine screen mesh- fine screens block approx 30% of the UVB rays - please post a pic of the poop -- what are you feeding?

SkyJay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Metal wire ? Is it like chicken wire where its a wide hole type or a fine screen mesh- fine screens block approx 30% of the UVB rays - please post a pic of the poop -- what are you feeding

Attachments

• C545267A-DEB3-4D6E-A9D9-C79A19CF9B52.jpeg
    C545267A-DEB3-4D6E-A9D9-C79A19CF9B52.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 7F3A4EAC-FA7E-4C38-99A1-7721849AE565.jpeg
    7F3A4EAC-FA7E-4C38-99A1-7721849AE565.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good poop --- wide hole -- please make sure your basking decor is directly under it 8-10 inches - is there a place he can sit where he is not constantly under the UVB?

SkyJay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ye
Good poop --- wide hole -- please make sure your basking decor is directly under it 8-10 inches - is there a place he can sit where he is not constantly under the UVB?
Yes! There is a place on the other side of the tank where he can get a break from the heat and uvb

Latest posts