• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are my beardies healthy?

Johnnyskrzeszzzz

Bearded Dragon Egg
1 year old Male (right) and female (left). The male is 17" and female is 14".

Attachments

• 20151218_132233.jpg
    20151218_132233.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they look good. hard to tell just by looks, ya know. We typically dont recommend housing beardies together. Generally one of them will be more dominant and the other will suffer. particularly in the case of male and female. the male may actually "mate" the female to death. there are always exceptions. be prepared to separate them. watch her specifically - if she starts getting thin or skittish -

Johnnyskrzeszzzz

Bearded Dragon Egg
they look good. hard to tell just by looks, ya know. We typically dont recommend housing beardies together. Generally one of them will be more dominant and the other will suffer. particularly in the case of male and female. the male may actually "mate" the female to death. there are always exceptions. be prepared to separate them. watch her specifically - if she starts getting thin or skittish -
Thank you very much!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep they do look like they are in good shape from the pictures.. And yea please watch them and have another enclosure ready for when the male's hormones kick in. Rare cases of males and females being housed together.....Doesn't take long for things to go bad..

Johnnyskrzeszzzz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yep they do look like they are in good shape from the pictures.. And yea please watch them and have another enclosure ready for when the male's hormones kick in. Rare cases of males and females being housed together.....Doesn't take long for things to go bad..
Should I feed them crickets in seperate areas? Because I have noticed the male tries to hog them all.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I feed them crickets in seperate areas? Because I have noticed the male tries to hog them all.
Yes! That is a big issue with being housed together, 1 will eat more food, 1 will get the best basking spot...
I would feed them separately so they each get equal opportunity at the food...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They look great! I do agree, separate them as soon as you can. There will be no warning when his hormones kick in.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will his beard be able to turn black at a certain age? or are they able to turn black as soon as their born?
I believe that's something that they get from a very young age and it deepens as they get older, but females can also blacken their beard just not as black as the males.. My Izzy will puff out her beard and it turns a light black when she is basking in the sun and when she's upset..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree. I think the black beard is something they always have. The males just have darker more pronounced one once they reach maturity.

Latest posts