• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Appetite issues

oniel lyne

Hatchling Dragon
My beardies have both been here for a couple days. My female is in shed shes 6 weeks. Her appetite is weird right now she will only eat one or two crickets. Is this her getting used to her tank? Im just concerned. My male is ating better now but not a lot either but he looks fat and plump with a thick tail. Should i be worried about my female or is she just stressed from her move

ccook94

Juvenile Dragon
Sometimes they won't eat much when they shed. When she's done shedding her appetite will probably come back

oniel lyne

Hatchling Dragon
I figured as much but i just get worried. Im gonna pick up small dubias today to see if they like them better.

ccook94

Juvenile Dragon
When I got my baby, he shed the first week and it scared me because I didn't know what was wrong. The first night he ate really well then the next few days he would only eat like one or two mealworms a day, and I got scared something was wrong. Then one morning he started shedding and looked it up and found out that's why he wasn't eating. It took a couple of weeks before he got his appetite back after he had finished shedding. Don't worry too much, she'll be ok in a couple of weeks :)

SkyAndMojo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Are they in the same cage or can see each other.
A male will always try to control the female. I separated my male and female because she was too intimidated to eat.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine didnt eat when he shed at all. It took him a few days after too, to finally start to eat. I would try to feed them seperate that way they
get enough food.

Latest posts