• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

appetite is increasing slowly

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have had Slyder for a week tomorrow and he has gone from eating about 5-6 crickets every other day to eating 5 a day and today has has already eaten 8. I found that he eats 2 then goes back to bask so I have been feeding him 2 crickets every 3 hours today and he is doing good. I put 2 more in there with him if he eats both and does not run back to bask but he does not eat them so they are taken back out after 15 minuets. His belly is bigger today and in only 2 days time his belly is twice as big as it was when we first got him one short week ago ;D. He also ate some of his greens today. I hope that by the end of the month he will be eating the way he should be. Can I give him any worms to try to stimulate his appetite or is he still too young?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is great news! You are doing a great job with him.

You can try phoenix worms, as long as they are no larger than the space between his eyes. You can also try dubia roaches. Same rule applies, no larger than the space between his eyes.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am going into town tomorrow to the reptile store so I will pick some up. It is so good to see him with a belly. He is starting to look like a real beardie and not one of the lizards that lives on my deck outside. I will post some pictures of him with his new belly soon.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for telling me about the worms. I got him some today and he gobbled them up so fast. He LOVED them!!!

Latest posts