• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

anyone have hands on experience with Tokay geckos

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well as the title says. Does anyone have any expereince with Tokay Geckos? Im still debating on branching to another reptile (to include my dragons). The market is so saturated with leos and fat tails that im not really thinking it would be a good idea. The only other gecko that i really really think is cool are tokay geckos but i havent researched them any os of yet.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tokays are a roaring trip clean off the happy train. Lol
Of course i had them years ago, and generational breeding usually socializes the creature a bit more. Mine were mean as spitfire. Angry little carnivores that were determined to eat my fingers and hair! With that aside.....I did enjoy watching them hunt and produce. Getting to those eggs was fun!
males and females are about equal to keep, but like most reptile species, males can't cohabitate.
Use caution when buying. I'm pretty sure they're much more prone to salmonella.

Have you checked these guys out?
SatanicGeckoMale.jpg

SatanicGeckoFemale.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think (now i could be wrong as i had to view the pics on my phone and its a teeny screen lol the pics wont load on military comps) that that is a leaftail gecko which are deffinately cool looking.

the only real reason i like the tokay is well two reasons is they are fiesty lil critters and they are big.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
right Brian, they're Satanic Leaf Tail Geckos. Rather kewl.

Latest posts