• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone feed their's freeze-dried?

Didgeridoo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My boyfriend had a fit when he found out we'd have to keep live crickets in the house to feed the dragon (I haven't gotten one yet). I was wondering if anyone feed their's freeze-dried. I did a bit of research and found that most dragons won't eat bugs unless they move and that freeze-dried doesn't offer then the same hydration. Would a solution be to put them atop a nice salad (with carrots or any other red suggestions to entice the dragon) and spritz them with water?

Are their any other solutions I can do to avoid having live bugs in the house?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Worms... Phoenix worms, horn worms, silk worms.. All good for staples/ semi staples.. for snacks a couple times a week, no more, waxies. No meal worms or Supers .
Supers can be used as a semi staple when your dragon reaches 16" in length... This allows for the worms to be digested completely and passed. Dragons shorter than that, are young, and their digestive tracts haven't straightened out much, causing a bend where food items can partially bind.
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, I wouldn't offer freeze dried crickets as his main source of protein. I was once told that it equates to feeding your beardie a box of glazed donuts for dinner. They need the nutrition from live feeders.

Latest posts