• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another UVB question

Beth D

Bearded Dragon Egg
We just moved our juvenile beardie into an interim cage. He began in a 10 gallon with a double dome, 10.0 UVB compact fluorescent and heat lamp. His "forever" cage (being custom built) will have a 24" fluorescent bulb. This interim cage is roughly 30" x 12" x 12". I bought a ceramic heat emitter for heat. I'm wondering if the 10.0 UVB compact fluorescent is enough UVB for this size? I could also put two UVBs in the double dome since we don't need to have a heat bulb in there. Would that be better? I think what I'm really wondering is: is there such a thing as too much UVB? Any thoughts welcome.

Thank you!

Sean o^o

Hatchling Dragon
i mean i just like to do one UVB on each side, but i think that 2 uvb is fine on one.

Latest posts