• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another brumation question

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How do I know for sure Dexter's actions are the start of brumation or just her being moody? This past week she's been either sitting on top of her log or sitting under it. She looks real sleepy. If I have her out of her tank and it's her bedtime, she lets me put her back in without a fight. However, when I put crickets or super worms in her tank she's wide awake and eats like she's never eaten before. When I take her out for a bath or to play she's wide awake. So I'm not sure. Is it okay I'm taking her out of her tank to play or do I need to just leave her be and turn the lights off? I haven't seen her on her hammock at all this week and maybe in her basking spot like once.

Here's some pictures I took this morning. She's 13 1/2 months old 17 inches and 318 grams. This log is on the warm side of her tank. On her cooler side is her blanket and another smaller log.

IMG_4947.jpg
IMG_4948.jpg
IMG_4949.JPG

Latest posts