• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Angry when shedding?

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Anyone else's Dragon get angry when they shed? Mine actually showed it's beard for the first time and opened its mouth!

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
All it has left to shed is on its tail. Just started doing it today, but I also haven't been handling it much because of the shedding

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lol I am Irish so I know what you are saying. Just thought it was weird because it hasn't happened before (first shed)

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
Haze is never angry so to speak, she seems more agitated than anything and jumps around loads & is constantly looking for something to rub herself on
Has anyone seen their dragons rub their heads against things when they're shedding? It's the cutest thing ever!

patmc81

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine was just doing that lol reminded me of a dog rubbing there face in the grass

burtsmama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mouth open also could mean he/she is hot. I'm sure you know the difference but when Burt is shedding and needing a mist he will open his mouth ..just a thought

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
They tend to get bit aggitated when they are shedding as some places they cant get to like their necks so they rub against anything in site a nice bathe does help them but do not peel the skin for them atall it must fall off naturally. You may catch your beardie puffing out his/her beard whilst shedding being aggitated it is perfectly normal

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine are funny, they get real HUNGRY! Luci is starting a full body shed right now and I put 20 crickets in her tank and I turned around and they are gone and she is looking at me for more! It's like she thinks if she gets her belly bigger it will stretch the shed and make it come off faster!

When Luci is shedding her head she loves when I rub it. You can feel her relax and she closes her eyes. It's probably the only time she sits still and lets me pet her!

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Hehe this a photo of my male when he was shedding back a few months ago he got so aggrivated by it. Puffs himself out as big as he can go his beard comes out ive caught him running across the glass door runners with his head abd the side of his head trying get the skin off lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395103929.878294.jpg

Latest posts