• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

And i joined the roach party!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
so after spending 10-15 dollars a week on crickets for my BD i finally got fed up and bought some dubia roaches.

I did not buy them online, I talked to a friend of mine who does reptiles and he pointed me in the direction of a friend of hers who had a HUGE colony of Dubia roaches. not only that but the same colony has been alive for 12 years(they added in new adults, one or ttwo, every once in a while to put new blood in the family). so I asked him how much he could sell me and for how much.

he sold me 100+ for $20 which was a steel, so i payed him $25 and refused to go any lower. I mean online they run for about $1 a roach(for adults)

so he gave me 20 female and 10 male adults and the rest vary in size and gender.

this is the first night so i put them in a temp 50 gallon blue(non see through) plastic tub. its not but a foot tall but im getting a deeper one soon and keeping the younger ones in the shorter one and the adults in the taller one.

im useing ground up dog food mixed with bearded dragon pellets(also ground) and calcium powder mixed in(only like a tiny bit) and mustard greens. do i need to add water crystsls, or will the mustard greens and other fruits and vegies be enough?

so yea here in two month i hope to be finished with crickets all the way, maybe sooner as im told several of the females are about to give birth.

all in all im glad i delt with this guy and i can buy more roaches any time from him at a rock bottom price. nowi have to make sure i do this right, i read the care guide and im following it as close as i can. im just glad they dont smell!

notmyfault

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would get some water crystals in a shallow dish to supplement the greens you already threw in. Other than that, it sounds like you have a hood handle for it already. Be patient!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts