• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

An Update (Mainly for Crystal9534)

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys, just wanted to give Crystal9534 an update on her old beardie and also ask a question.
Right now he's doing great and just finished shedding. I've been handling him on a daily basis and found that he's not too bad. I am able to hold him and pick him up for a while. He's been eating great. I've fed him lots of dubias and he really loves them.
But do have one question. I noticed sometimes that when I'm petting him, he wags his tail around. What does that mean? Is he irritated and trying to scare me away? I've never seen my beardie do this so I was curious to see if anyone else experienced this. Other than that, he's been doing well and he'll be tame in no time.
And I don't know if i've already said this or not, but thank you Crystal9534 for letting me have your beardie. I'll be sure to take great care of him.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
great! i'm so glad to hear he's doing good with you. yes, he is such a pig and sheds all the time. i bet he loves getting roaches :) do you have a digital scale where you can weigh him? curious about his weight now. my boys swat their tails at me too sometimes. i think they just get irritated at me for bothering them when they were relaxing. but as i mentioned when you were here, he has a little trouble getting the last piece of shed off the end of his tail. i noticed when he was in his cage that he would shake it, maybe trying to get it off. maybe someone else here knows what tail whipping means. my boys have been doing that the last few months when we have them out.

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Actually I do have a digital scale. I take weekly measurements of all of my reptiles every Friday. I just finished weighing everybody. Truvy (my Mom calls him Stubby) only grew a few grams despite him eating a lot. He's only 60 grams right now, but I'm sure he'll be growing some more in no time. The shed on his tail seemed to have come off during his last bath. He just finished shedding his face and now his arms are starting to go as well. I also forgot to mention that I caught Stubby and Rusty arm waving at eachother. It was pretty interesting to watch as I've never seen them do that in real life (I've only seen videos). I'll try to keep you updated if anything interesting happens.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
wow he's gained quite a bit. he started out at 12 grams when i got him about 2 months ago. yea he loves to arm wave. it's pretty funny to watch. it sounds like he's gonna be happy with you.

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yup I think so too. He doesn't seem to squirm around as much as when I first got him. I've been handling him about once a day and hand fed him a few roaches during his feedings and it seems to have paid off. He doesn't open his mouth or run to the nearest corner when you get close. He also grew about half an inch since we first got him, so hopefully he'll be getting bigger eventually.

Latest posts