• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Amazing!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wasn't sure where this should go, since I am talking about one of my White's tree frogs I'll put it here. Plus I need to tell my story to other reptile/amphibian lovers.

I'm just in awe tonight of how our pets know when we are trying to help them and let us do it. Tonight my frog Frankie had another prolapse. I watched it happen and even watched him soak in his own water bowl to help it go back in. He couldn't do it on his own so I gave him a honey bath. An hour later it was still out. I put him in a makeshift hospital tank and with a q-tip and some antibiotic ointment tried to push it in. No luck. Into another honey bath this time the water was a bit warmer. Another hour later no change. I was starting to realize that he may die. Back to the hospital tank. This time I just used a q-tip with honey water and as I pushed up he started to push down! He realized I was trying to help him and he worked with me to get it back in! Here this little frog that can't speak first knew that he needed to soak his butt in his water dish and then knew I was trying to make him better. They are so amazing!

He's now spending the night in his hospital tank, which is just a large critter keeper. He's exhausted and attached to the side nearest me with his butt firm on the bottom☺

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww...That's great he helped. Little butt firm to the bottom. I'm sure he feels a lot better.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Right after I typed this he started walking around the tank. His tank mate who was still in their tank, moved to the bottom so they could see each other. I'm sure they were plotting how to bust him out! He's doing much better this morning. Can't even tell there was anything wrong!

Latest posts