• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Am freaking out for no reason?

Erika Lynn

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got baby Buffy 9 days ago. She is 2 months old and about 4 inches or so. When I first got her she was 30 grams. Well I have been noticing that she doesn't eat well at all. She only eats maybe 4-6 crix a day and I've never seen her eat her greens. Well I weighed her today and she's only 28 grams now. She LOST 2 grams in a week. My bf says that she's just settling in and give it time but I'm freaking out. Is this normal? She's active. Looks good, but skinny now... Gets her baths everyday and will drink everyday. She poops. Her poops look good. Am I freaking out for no reason and this is just "new home jitters"?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
it takes some longer than others but give her time. cut the baths to twice a week and limit handling until she starts eating good again as she needs time to acclimate and feel secure in her new surroundings. usually takes 1 to 2 weeks at most.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree with what richard said. Relocation stress can vary with beardies and it sounds normal what your beardie is going through. This is just the first thing that your beardie will do that will freak you out, lol. Just wait till your beardie goes through brumation... ugh...

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was worried too at first about Jethro not eating, but he proved me wrong quickly by devouring every cricket I gave him within a few days time. It just depends on the lizard as to their comfort level of when they'll start eating again. As long as the temps and everything are right in the tanks, then try not to be too worried. Buffy may surprise you in a few days and demand food like every other hour like Jethro does sometimes. He gives me those puppy-dog eyes and I can't help it, sometimes I'll give him a few extra, but I'm trying to cut back. Don't want to over feed him! I giggle every time 'cause I call it, "the bloated belly" look after he's had a satisfied meal. But I'm sure Buffy will adapt quickly. Love the name by the way, I'm still a big Buffy fan myself ^.^

Latest posts