• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Almost done

Toy Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just got a few more items for a new dragon enclosure. Just gotta order a few more things so I can set it up, I have a 55 gallon glass tank I'm trying to make into a home for a new dragon. I want to have everything how I want it, so I can test the temperature for both day and night in different parts of the tank, BEFORE I even buy my very first baby/juvenile dragon. Can't wait #excited...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A 55g tank isn't ideal for an adult dragon. You will want to get a bigger tank eventually. With bearded dragons, it's not the gallon size that's important, it's the length/width/height. A 55g is only around 13" deep and it doesn't give an adult dragon enough space to turn around. Plus a 55g is high, so you are going to need to play around with basking bulbs to get the right temps in your basking spot.

Toy Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the knowledge. What I will do is, use the tank for now, being that I have an extra 55g laying around collecting dust. It should be fine for a juvenile and I'll be sure to get a better/larger sized enclosure. Thanks again

Latest posts