• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Alley's grown an inch!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got Alley when he was 13 inches 7-9 mos I was told at the time I got him.

Now he's 15 inches. Would you please tell me how old he might be from the size? He's due for a weigh in soon. :) Would he be 10 months now?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There is no way to tell now, BDs grow at such varied different rates that any kind of guess would be highly inaccurate & could be out Months. What you were initially told is in the Ball Park, 7 months @ 13" sounds more realistic. I would go by that. A month or 2 either way won't make any difference on anything.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. Sometimes I wonder about what his parents were. Whenever I take him out on rides and have him on his harness, everyone said they haven't met a real bearded dragon before and he's rare because he's got a golden head, orange-white spikes, orange beard, yellow, brown, orange, tan body.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Since Breeders have started playing God with genetics, it is more common to see them just about all colors of the rainbow ;). But they don't seem to be as Hardy as the old 'Normal' colored Dragons used to be, though. Personally, I don't think they will live as long either, but that is just an opinion.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree.
When I got Alley back in December, he became ill. I went all over the place trying to figure out how he got ill. I took him to the vet and she said that the reason he got sick was because of husbandry skills. It made me doubt my own, but I've noticed that I spot cleaned his tank, first with baby wipes. Then I thought about using hand sanitizer. *Used it for tables to eat of off when I worked.* So from baby wipes, I use hand sanitizer to spot clean the bottom of the tank every time he goes to the bathroom and once a month for the entire clean up with vinegar and water. After eliminating what could be the cause, I delved further because my husbandry skills were all right according to the next visit because he was cured. I went to three pet stores to see how he got pinworms. I checked the cricket cage in the first pet store I went to and they were fine. The second pet store made me suspicious. I went there to get five superworms for a treat and found gnats in their tank alongside the cricket cage which was unclean. Then went to a third petstore-clean cricket cages and super worms were enclosed in a container. So now I use the first and third pet shops for his food. Won't go to the second petstore anymore for his food. May go there for cricket drink and some vitamins, but not food.

Latest posts