• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Air heater

Cleolove

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! I have a heat lamp and UV light in my bearded dragon tank, but the tank still wasn’t as warm as I wanted it to be. To fix this, I bought an air heater. The air heater has helped with the temperature but it creates a constant noise which is pretty loud. Should I get rid of it? If so, what should I use instead?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! I have a heat lamp and UV light in my bearded dragon tank, but the tank still wasn’t as warm as I wanted it to be. To fix this, I bought an air heater. The air heater has helped with the temperature but it creates a constant noise which is pretty loud. Should I get rid of it? If so, what should I use instead?
Yes get rid of it- please get a ambient temp of your tank in the morning before lights on- if it's below 65 you would need a ceramic heat emitter - what size is your tank? Dragons like cool and dark -

Cleolove

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes get rid of it- please get a ambient temp of your tank in the morning before lights on- if it's below 65 you would need a ceramic heat emitter - what size is your tank? Dragons like cool and dark -
It is 69 in the morning (my house temp). During the day the hot side is abt 90-110 and the cool side is abt 75. I’d like the heater to just raise the room temperature just so it stays above 70 just to be safe. I’m just worried about the noise bothering her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is 69 in the morning (my house temp). During the day the hot side is abt 90-110 and the cool side is abt 75. I’d like the heater to just raise the room temperature just so it stays above 70 just to be safe. I’m just worried about the noise bothering her
Yes I am sure - you don't want your tank at night above 75 - so the tank should go to house temp mine do check your temp in the morning don't run the air heater daytime temps cool side 80's

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
To keep the temp in my beardie's 4x2x2 cage, I have 2 ceramic heaters and 2 heat pads on the hot side. I also have everything on timers so they turn on and off at set times. Winter is worse for me than summer. Do what you need to do, even if it seems excessive.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To keep the temp in my beardie's 4x2x2 cage, I have 2 ceramic heaters and 2 heat pads on the hot side. I also have everything on timers so they turn on and off at set times. Winter is worse for me than summer. Do what you need to do, even if it seems excessive.
Are you using a bright white solid white basking bulb

Cleolove

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I actually got lucky because the temperature where I live just increased over 10 degrees in a week. The air heater I bought actually works as well, I was just freaking out. She’s doing very well :)

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Are you using a bright white solid white basking bulb
I have 8 inch Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 High Output bulb with the 2 ceramic heaters on top, a heat pad on the bottom and another heat pad on the side. Plus a blanket and aluminum foil on the hot side. The cool side is at about 80 and the hot side about 90. At night the temps drop to about 70 on each side.

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you! I actually got lucky because the temperature where I live just increased over 10 degrees in a week. The air heater I bought actually works as well, I was just freaking out. She’s doing very well :)
That's great to hear. It took me awhile to figure mine out in the summer, then freaked out when winter hit. I'm in Wyoming, so it was a struggle to figure out what I needed. I just increased his tank size, so I'm learning all over again.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have 8 inch Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 High Output bulb with the 2 ceramic heaters on top, a heat pad on the bottom and another heat pad on the side. Plus a blanket and aluminum foil on the hot side. The cool side is at about 80 and the hot side about 90. At night the temps drop to about 70 on each side.
Your dragon needs a clear solid bright white bulb - he will not live w/ out it - he's getting no UVA -- ceramic heat emitter s are good for extra heat in tank but do not give UVA- please get one pronto- I would get rid of the heat pads you want your tank to mimic the sun- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer and get surface basking temps-- please post a pic of the uvb your using-- you want a long tube fixture for a uvb - I can help w/ this

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Your dragon needs a clear solid bright white bulb - he will not live w/ out it - he's getting no UVA -- ceramic heat emitter s are good for extra heat in tank but do not give UVA- please get one pronto- I would get rid of the heat pads you want your tank to mimic the sun- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer and get surface basking temps-- please post a pic of the uvb your using-- you want a long tube fixture for a uvb - I can help w/ this
Actually the one I have does have UVA and UVB. It is a clear solid bright whie bulb. I would get rid of the heaters if I was warm enough. I have had him almost 2 years now and the vet says he is in fantastic health.
2022-04-1317.59.582848914609437260287.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Actually the one I have does have UVA and UVB. It is a clear solid bright whie bulb. I would get rid of the heaters if I was warm enough. I have had him almost 2 years now and the vet says he is in fantastic health.View attachment 31907
Ok good- your screen is a wide hole type or fine mesh like a screen door? And your using a T 5 or T 8? This will make a difference for placement and distance the bulbs are different

Nathan Vanderslice

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know how accurate this is, but I was cautioned about using the heat pads underneath the viv (assuming it's a glass bottom as this could cause the glass to crack or break.

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't know how accurate this is, but I was cautioned about using the heat pads underneath the viv (assuming it's a glass bottom as this could cause the glass to crack or break.
I have it set on timers so it's not on all the time. I also made sure to get a tank that allowed for heatpads underneath. I have a very open concept house and the best place for the tank is by the front door. It is Wyoming, and cold. Not too many options to keep the temp where it needs to be.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have it set on timers so it's not on all the time. I also made sure to get a tank that allowed for heatpads underneath. I have a very open concept house and the best place for the tank is by the front door. It is Wyoming, and cold. Not too many options to keep the temp where it needs to be.
@Sam-E -- the front door is a cold place to keep a tank -- especially in Wyoming that would be a reason for harder to keep heat - I would move that tank into a warm room in the house-- also is the tank on the floor -- if it is I would get it off the floor and on a dresser w/ drawers or a stand -- floors are cold and drafty - you will see a difference in temps in the tank -- also make sure your using a digital probe thermometer they are most accurate for surface basking temps

Latest posts