• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Agitated after Shedding

mjfreaks

Hatchling Dragon
Hi!
I have had Sidious for about 3 months and he/she is 4 months old. Born May 22.

My question is that when I go to pick him/her up they open their mouth..never has bitten me but shouldnt he/she be used to me by now or is it they are agitated due to the tank itself.

It is 20 gal..UVB Bulb...Basking Bulb...eats regularly...eats green when he/she opens their mouth at me I just put food in it lol
Plenty of climbing and hiding areas.
Misting everyday
Baths every other day or so
Wax worm treats
Calcium dusted...

I do have the 40 Gal and jus thavent set it up because I hear that it can stress them out and then I hear it wont and then I hear you can block off a section so its not too big and that as long as they can find their food they are fine...

I know that all dragons are diff but what would be the norm when it comes to enclosures for them??

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
At 4 months I think he is old enough to go in the 40g. I put mine in theres from the minute I got them as babies and they had no issues. They had hides and lots of stuff to climb and play on. As far as him opening his mouth when you go pick him up, he might just associate you with food now since he knows you are going to put something in his mouth if he opens it at you.

Latest posts