• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Age?

Sms2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!
I’m wondering how old my beardie is to make sure I’m feeding her correctly. I’m feeding her like a one year old, more greens and limited bugs, but she’s not eating her greens ver much. I though it was maybe the adaptation period but it’s not improving.

We adopted her a couple months ago and she was supposed to be a year old. She seemed small to me. She was only fed freeze dried mealworms and some greens as well. The enclosure wasn’t optimal.

Now she’s with us and eating dubias with a well set up enclosure. She’s now 14.25” long and weighs 11oz. She’s gained 2 oz since we’ve gotten her.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• 40ECC3E9-39DB-4977-96B9-CC2FBD8285A8.jpeg
    40ECC3E9-39DB-4977-96B9-CC2FBD8285A8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi!
I’m wondering how old my beardie is to make sure I’m feeding her correctly. I’m feeding her like a one year old, more greens and limited bugs, but she’s not eating her greens ver much. I though it was maybe the adaptation period but it’s not improving.

We adopted her a couple months ago and she was supposed to be a year old. She seemed small to me. She was only fed freeze dried mealworms and some greens as well. The enclosure wasn’t optimal.

Now she’s with us and eating dubias with a well set up enclosure. She’s now 14.25” long and weighs 11oz. She’s gained 2 oz since we’ve gotten her.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated thanks!
Where did you get her from? It is hard to say -- improper diet along w/ correct surface basking temps and UVB all play a role in a dragons over all health and growth- I would get her some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com to lure her to the salad bowl - use them on top feed first thing in the morning - they are a great staple feeder-- do not dust the larvae - you will need a bowl like this to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info it is outdated
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
may I ask what your using for a UVB? coil or a long tube fixture ?

Sms2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where did you get her from? It is hard to say -- improper diet along w/ correct surface basking temps and UVB all play a role in a dragons over all health and growth- I would get her some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com to lure her to the salad bowl - use them on top feed first thing in the morning - they are a great staple feeder-- do not dust the larvae - you will need a bowl like this to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info it is outdated
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
may I ask what your using for a UVB? coil or a long tube fixture ?
Hi! Thanks for the reply and all the information. We got her from someone local who couldn’t keep her. I have a reptisun t10 tube with a Sunblaster reflectedR. I’m attaching a picture of the enclosure. I’ll try to put those larvae on top.

Attachments

• 9CE37A91-57CD-4F51-9745-3DCD72B6722D.jpeg
    9CE37A91-57CD-4F51-9745-3DCD72B6722D.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 5C26A540-B982-4943-AB5A-B1084AFA4C0D.jpeg
    5C26A540-B982-4943-AB5A-B1084AFA4C0D.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • D7BC715B-4137-48DD-AE81-296EA07F2A73.jpeg
    D7BC715B-4137-48DD-AE81-296EA07F2A73.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! Thanks for the reply and all the information. We got her from someone local who couldn’t keep her. I have a reptisun t10 tube with a Sunblaster reflectedR. I’m attaching a picture of the enclosure. I’ll try to put those larvae on top.
Are you placing the probe on the hammock to get an actual surface basking temp? The UVB is a good one please have a piece of decor directly under it 8-10 inches -- and the bulb will need to be replaced approx one year from install I recommend 10-11 months--- you CHE is better in a dome - its going to direct the heat into the tank and you dont need it unless your tank is dropping below 65 at night -- dragons like cool and dark -- she looks good and I see she is shedding -- dragons can grow up until they are around 2 --

Sms2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you placing the probe on the hammock to get an actual surface basking temp? The UVB is a good one please have a piece of decor directly under it 8-10 inches -- and the bulb will need to be replaced approx one year from install I recommend 10-11 months--- you CHE is better in a dome - its going to direct the heat into the tank and you dont need it unless your tank is dropping below 65 at night -- dragons like cool and dark -- she looks good and I see she is shedding -- dragons can grow up until they are around 2 --
Yes the probe is attached to the top of the hamac. It’s around 100 degrees. I moved the uvb a bit closer to be fully over it. I have a dome for the CHE. I had it on to increase temp but think I just need a higher watt heat bulb.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes the probe is attached to the top of the hamac. It’s around 100 degrees. I moved the uvb a bit closer to be fully over it. I have a dome for the CHE. I had it on to increase temp but think I just need a higher watt heat bulb.
Ok you dont want night time temps above 75--

Latest posts