• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

advise needed

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On Saturday night I found an injured anole. I did not think he would make it the night let alone the weekend. He is doing good today but by no means can he survive outside yet. I have a ten gallon and some light I can get him set up with but worry it will be too cold once he is ready to be released if ever. Should I keep him through the winter if need be then release him in the spring or should I put him back outside now and hope for the best?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd release him, myself.. Cross contamination would be high on my reasons for why...

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I forgot to say he is in a different part of the house that the others have never been to

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
never touched him with my hands. I scooted him into a container with a stick and left the stick outside.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My point is, not trying to be harsh, that we know so little ( as lay persons). Compassion is fine, and understandable. However many times what we do out of compassion, comes back to bite us.
So, to avoid the unknown problems, just avoid the act.
I hope this helps.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awww, had to google anole just now. They are so cute.

Its a tough situation Sandra. One Im faced with often (But with baby birds falling out of their nests)
My head is with Janie and says let it be. Its nature and all.
But my heart goes "Awww, poor baby. It will die if I dont take care of it"

Whatever you decide. Im sure it will be the right decision

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
these are good points and since he is doing better and getting his coordination back I think once it warms up a little more today I will put him back out and hope for the best. Thanks ladies.