• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

advice on a basking bulb that will not burn out

ariel

Bearded Dragon Egg
no complaint has been due to the entire device mounted inside. All I am saying is that if multiple people in the frog industry for over 10 years tell you not to use a product, then why go out and buy it? now, bearded dragons are different since there humidity requirements are drier. so I will ask again, is there a specific (brand) thermometer that you recommend? digital/probe doesnt really narrow it down because exo terra is one of the worst digital therms out there.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't buy an overpriced one at the Pet Store. I have used the Coralife thermometer for some time, that used to be in my aquarium.

But mostly used cheap Indoor\Outdoor thermometers that I found at a liquidation store, mounted inside the enclosure on the cool side & the sensor attached to the Basking Spot.

Find it difficult to believe that the heat in BD enclosure, that should not be above 115F, would cause a Digital Thermometer to malfunction.

I'm not a frog person, have no idea how that environment would affect them nor do I care, these are BDs, BD enclosures & a BD forum. I have never had any issues with any digital thermometers that I have tried in their environment, nor have I heard of any complaints on any of the Forums, so I don't have a specific one to recommend. Many have had good luck with cheap ones found on Ebay.

Latest posts