• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice Needed! Dragon wont eat/drink!

ShiBamDigity

Bearded Dragon Egg
LONG WINDED, HELP NEEDED POST!! Please Read!!
Okay so I hate going to social media for help becausepeople in this world can be really mean. But my poor beardie isn’t acting normal. This started Monday when I noticed he only ate a couple meal worms. So Tuesday he wouldn’t eat at all. I tried kale, carrots, and meal worms. He wasn’t interested at all. He started freaking out and running around Wednesday night and so I went to pick him up to comfort him, and when I picked him up he kept trying to like barrel roll. He was tilting his head to the left and trying to roll. Idk if that describes it well enough. So I did some reading and some say it could be an ear infection, or dehydration (which I don’t see how that’s possible up to this point he has been fine and he drinks a normal amount of water.) so I read to give him warm soaks twice a day for about 10-15 minutes. That and I also gave him liquid calcium thru a medicine dropper. Then yesterday came and he hasn’t gotten better. At this point he doesn’t want to stay on his hammock. He wants to be on the floor. So I went and got some repta-boost, the pet store said it would help give him some sort of substance since he refuses to eat. So now here it is Friday, and he is not improving. All he wants to do is sleep, he is still tilting his head to the side. When I gave him another dose of the repta-boost today he wakes up and swallows the mixture. He has a good grip from all legs/feet, I’ve monitored his breathing and he seems to be breathing at a normal pace. I didn’t think they could go into brumation at such a young age but the sleeping all the time has me curious. I got him about 4 months ago, he was pretty small. He is in a 40 gallon tank with a basking bulb that sits about 5 inches from the highest part of his hammock. The thermometer sits at about 90-100 during the day. I have a tube UVB 10.0. I want to take him to the vet tomorrow morning, but when I went online to schedule an appointment it says the soonest I can schedule is the 24th. So idk if they have “emergency” time slots available tomorrow but I’m going to call first thing. But if anyone has any advice I would be appreciative.
11.jpg
22.jpg