• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

adult shedding

Duane Howell

Hatchling Dragon
Hi hello all. I was wondering if it is normal for a adult beardie to shed more than usual? Larry has shed 3 times in the last three months I've had him. He is 8 years old... Or so I was told. He has some history to him. Was only fed hibiscus flowers and kept in a very small tank for most of his life. He is in a big viv now and is getting more to eat. It can't be that he is growing now.....? At this age? Or could it? or is there a medical problem for him to shed so often? thanks for any info......

Fausto F Lebron

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would think that all that extra nutrition is finally letting his body fully develop? I'm no expert but it almost seems like his growth was suspended due to the fact that he wasn't getting so much to eat .

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like he is growing now that he is in better care. They still do shed when they get older and sometimes they go for months without shedding and sometimes they are in constant shed.

Duane Howell

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds like he is growing now that he is in better care. They still do shed when they get older and sometimes they go for months without shedding and sometimes they are in constant shed.
Thought as much..... thanks a lot. glad its not something serious... I always think the worst of things. Had to dig a very not too happy jumpy spider with a nasty bite out of his tunnel cause I "thought" the ants had got to him. Just to find she was doing very well in there hahahaha.

Latest posts