• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult Diet

clemsonguy1125

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey,
Im thinking about getting and adult dragon instead of a juvi. Hes about 17 inches long. Im debating rather or not its worth breeding feeders since I plan to feed him about 85 percent veggies. How man insects does your bearded dragon eat at this age.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
mine will eat about 10 supers every other to every third day. just depends on what kind of mood they are in. luckily most of mine are good "salad" eaters also since they were raised that way as pups.:eek:

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
some will argue all day long about superworms however myself and many on this sight feed them. i start mine on supers at about nine months old. my dragons love them. i supplement with hornworms. they dont care for roaches though.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
richard is right about arguing about supers and roaches both have there pros and cons but im starting to feed my roaches and crickets every other day and salad anytime they want. . . the only reason im feeding my roaches is because im deathly afraid of worms :oops: ((i know laugh)) but my friend has tried to feed my beardies supers to see if they would eat it and they wouldnt. . . i guess it is all depends on how they are raised with food but supers as far as i know and i might be wrong and if i am somebody please correct me but supers are more fattening then roaches but roaches have more usable vitamins in them. . . so i think supers and roaches together are a perfect food source ((switching every other day)) but i mabe wrong since i dont mess with them and i use crickets and my big beardie eats about 40 crickets every 3 days and my baby beardie eats about 25 every 3 days and the rest is all "salad" and pellets

clemsonguy1125

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I found a on forum breeder, with a 6 month old dragon, it eats veggies every day, and 20 dubias a week, Ill probably up it to 50 dubias and week but its reasonable.

Latest posts