• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult beardie pale, bloody diarrhea

anamasha1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Everything was alright this morning, I turned on my lamp for him and left him some kale and crickets and he was alright. So about a few hours ago I noticed that his stomach looked a bit puffy so I put him under his basking lamp (he went to the other side of the tank). About 2 hours later or so he pooped and (I think vomited because I saw undigested leaves, some liquid and other weird stuff just around his whole tank). I feed him kale, apples, carrots, crickets, superworms (sometimes) and so on. I give him a bath twice a week for 15 mins each time. His basking temperature I want to say is 95 degrees or so. He is also in a 55 gallon tank. I don't know whats wrong with him and no overnight emergency vet will see him. His beard is completely black, so is the bottom of his tail. He is much paler in color as well. Is there anything I should do or avoid doing before I can get him to a vet because that may take a few days.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - it's so hard when they get sick ! I would probably hold off giving food for a few days. maybe some slurries - if he wants to eat. sounds like he might not be feeling so good. I would also not expose him to too much exertion - let him be (I KNOW how hard that can be). please let us know ---

anamasha1

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi - it's so hard when they get sick ! I would probably hold off giving food for a few days. maybe some slurries - if he wants to eat. sounds like he might not be feeling so good. I would also not expose him to too much exertion - let him be (I KNOW how hard that can be). please let us know ---

Yeah I just got him a night warming bulb so he can be a bit warmer at night. He's still pretty sick but Im just trying to keep him comfy until Monday. I thought he was gone this morning because he was unresponsive but it may have been a deep sleep because he perked up a little bit. I think its a mix of things going on but Ill know for sure on Monday!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How old is your beardie? 95 degrees isn't even warm enough for an adult dragon. Throwing up undigested food usually means that it's not warm enough for him to digest what he is eating. A 55 gal tank is very hard to heat and provide the proper UVB because it is too high for a dragon. If you can't raise the temps, you may need to figure out a way to raise your basking spot. Also, the greens and veggies you are feeding him are not very good for him to be eating on a daily basis.

Here is a link to good healthy bugs and greens to feed him. http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf

Latest posts