• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adjusted basking spot

Danny nicholas

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone was worried my basking spot was to close to beardy so I cut a hole in the top of his viv and out in a dome spotlight holder let me know what you think?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385581333.932448.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385581347.119048.jpg

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
Any tips. Im still geting ready. Im just going to use a reptile tank. I know I need to monitor temps on both sides. But the only thing I can find is using 2 separate thermometers.

Does he climb those blue ropes?

Danny nicholas

Hatchling Dragon
Reptile tank is good I was using the stick on temps but they were so unreliable so I got a exo terra probe for a fiver from the shop.
Do you have your dragon yet?

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
Not yet. I pet sat a friends beardie for a couple of months. And now I want one. I started ordering all the equptment. But not sure of a few things.

Beardies are awesome. They have so much personality for such a little creature. And once everything is setp up they dont seem to need much mantainace

Danny nicholas

Hatchling Dragon
I agree mate the hours I've wasted on him drives my wife crazy I got a 100w tight beam basking bulb with a 10.0 uvb strip light I'll send you a video link I used covers everything from housing to feeding very helpful.

davedragon10

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks for the vids. I watched a little bit of the first one. Will watch the rest when I get home. Never heard of using tile as substrate. That might be a good option.
You know what else is confusing. Morphs and types of morphs. How many diff morphs are there?

cold blooded

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Temp guns are great as well to have in addition to a probe. Tempgun.com has a very inexpensive one that works great. Now that your bulb is higher you'll probably have to up the wattage to get the same basking temps. A standard halogen outdoor flood light works really well. They throw a lot of heat a great distance.

Latest posts