• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adenovirus cleanup

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon recently passed away from Adrenovirus. I'd like to make 100% sure his terrarium is cleaned before I even think about putting one of my other reptiles in the tank. so far I have
2x cleaned with 50% bleach
2 x cleaned with 20% vinegar
2 x wiped with CaviWipes

rinsing with hot water in between each cleaning.

I've tossed all the insides of the terrarium: hides, plants, feeding dishes ect.
Have i done enough? I cant find any good literature on cleanup.
thanks

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I've never personally dealt with adenovirus but I think that you have done enough as bleach is very effective. Here is a paragraph I pulled off the internet that should help you out too.

"Bleach is effective against adenovirus, so mix a 10% concentration using fresh bleach. The mixed solution will be good for about a week, then you'll need to replace it. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Its also a good idea to clean any debris using warm soapy water beforehand, as bleach is deactivated in the presence of organic debris.
Adenovirus also has a lifespan on solid non-porous surfaces of about 10 days. So after disinfection, let the enclosure sit for a week or so. Setting it outside in the sun will also aid in the disinfection process, as adenovirus is readily killed by heat and ultra violet radiation."

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon recently passed away from Adrenovirus. I'd like to make 100% sure his terrarium is cleaned before I even think about putting one of my other reptiles in the tank. so far I have
2x cleaned with 50% bleach
2 x cleaned with 20% vinegar
2 x wiped with CaviWipes

rinsing with hot water in between each cleaning.

I've tossed all the insides of the terrarium: hides, plants, feeding dishes ect.
Have i done enough? I cant find any good literature on cleanup.
thanks
Get some F 10 from ebay its a vet disinfectant --- or Zoo Meds wipe out

Latest posts