• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting weird, please help.

Shaferar3

Hatchling Dragon
Claus is ~8 months old. He usually loves to eat, chases crickets and eats a ton. He loves his collard greens too. He usually basks and hangs out in different areas in his enclosure. I’m confident his environment and lighting are set up correctly with appropriate temps. His diet and calcium/vitamins are also good.

We went on a 10 day vacation. Before we left we moved his enclosure to a different location in the home. Immediately he stopped chasing crickets and ate way less. He allowed me to feed him by hand and maybe ate some when I left the room but normally we would sit and watch him go crazy and he would come up the the glass and wait for us to put more in. At this point he was still basking and hanging out in different areas (on the branch and on the hammock on the cooler side). He ate his greens too.

While we were gone we had someone take care of him. They did not handle him. They came over 2x a day to feed him greens and crickets and clean. He was basking and eating (but still not with as much enthusiasm). He pooped like normal.

When we came home he immediately started hiding in his cave and only peeking his head out. He will occasionally eat a few crickets by hand and is eating his greens. He took water by syringe. When I held him, he was calm but closing his eyes.

Please help!!! He’s acting so weird. What do I do????

Attachments

• 979F2DD4-A264-474F-AB44-2015F97336BD.jpeg
    979F2DD4-A264-474F-AB44-2015F97336BD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Claus is ~8 months old. He usually loves to eat, chases crickets and eats a ton. He loves his collard greens too. He usually basks and hangs out in different areas in his enclosure. I’m confident his environment and lighting are set up correctly with appropriate temps. His diet and calcium/vitamins are also good.

We went on a 10 day vacation. Before we left we moved his enclosure to a different location in the home. Immediately he stopped chasing crickets and ate way less. He allowed me to feed him by hand and maybe ate some when I left the room but normally we would sit and watch him go crazy and he would come up the the glass and wait for us to put more in. At this point he was still basking and hanging out in different areas (on the branch and on the hammock on the cooler side). He ate his greens too.

While we were gone we had someone take care of him. They did not handle him. They came over 2x a day to feed him greens and crickets and clean. He was basking and eating (but still not with as much enthusiasm). He pooped like normal.

When we came home he immediately started hiding in his cave and only peeking his head out. He will occasionally eat a few crickets by hand and is eating his greens. He took water by syringe. When I held him, he was calm but closing his eyes.

Please help!!! He’s acting so weird. What do I do????
Relocation stress- give him time to readjust to the place you put him- they don't like changes- he's still eating that's good it's when they quit eating all together then there is a issue-

Shaferar3

Hatchling Dragon
Relocation stress- give him time to readjust to the place you put him- they don't like changes- he's still eating that's good it's when they quit eating all together then there is a issue-
Thank you. Is there anything I can do to help him. He seemed worse when we got home. Maybe he’s just mad at me lol

Latest posts