• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Accurate & Affordable infrared thermometers ?

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I would like to know I some of you had some experience with Infrared thermometers as precision tools to check your temps, I've seen a few experienced keepers using them and explaining that it was the most accurate way to do.

I'm looking for some references I you have any suggestions you're welcome.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it's the most accurate form of measuring temps. No worry about your therm reading ambient temp and the spot on actually being 10 degrees higher. Also with my probe therms, as the batteries get low, their readings seem to stay fixed on a certian temp, which ironically seems to be incorrect. When infrared therms batteries are low, it either doesn't come on at all, or blinks on and off. (depends on what one you have)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have been using a Tempgun (the same one) for about 3 years now and it still works like new.

Latest posts