• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Abscess on Beardie Lip?

beardiemomm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! Yesterday morning I noticed a small bump on my beardie's mouth, I had thought it was some leftover food so I didn't think much of it, as he is always a messy eater.

I went to give him a bath this morning, and tried to wipe it off. He flinched as if it hurt him, so I took a closer look. It looks like his scale has swollen up and I'm not sure what is going on. Has this ever happened to one of your beardies? If it doesn't fall of fin the next few days, I will be taking him to his vet. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this before.

Thanks everyone! The photos are attached below.
nacho lump 2.jpeg
nacho lump 3.jpeg

Attachments

• nacho lump.jpeg
    nacho lump.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys! Yesterday morning I noticed a small bump on my beardie's mouth, I had thought it was some leftover food so I didn't think much of it, as he is always a messy eater.

I went to give him a bath this morning, and tried to wipe it off. He flinched as if it hurt him, so I took a closer look. It looks like his scale has swollen up and I'm not sure what is going on. Has this ever happened to one of your beardies? If it doesn't fall of fin the next few days, I will be taking him to his vet. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this before.

Thanks everyone! The photos are attached below.
View attachment 33026View attachment 33023
Gonna have some one take a look at it
@Drache613