• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

About to be owning another beardie want to know where to go to learn more

Mr.Vincent

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys I'm new on this forum and website and i have had a beardie before but i didn't know much of what to do with him i learned a little bit from the pet stores but in the end he ended up dying and I've felt horrible ever since. I've been wanting to get another one but i want to do more research so i can give me next one a long and wonderful life! and suggestions and help is much appreciated!!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
there is a wealth of information on this site as well as many of us that are long term keepers and breeders. just fire away with your questions my friend and we will answer them until you are satisfied.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, Mr. Vincent and welcome to our forum. Don't beat yourself up too much. I know easier said than done. I think we have all been subjected to bad information from pet stores. It is a sad truth.

You are making up for your loss by doing the research and giving another beardie a good home.

In a nutshell, if you get temps, lighting, food, and UV under wraps, you should have a happy, healthy bearded dragon. Here's a link to our basic caresheet. Let us know what questions you have and what clarifications you need.

Bearded Dragon Care

Mr.Vincent

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok well i have read on here for most of my info before i made an account so i have a 70 watt basking lap a uvb light a 10 gallon tank as well as a few rocks. uhm in the little general information thing you sent me Renee it said something to the extent about rocks and things not to have something for them to hide in because they may hide instead of bask is it ok to have rocks? like the ones you may find at petsmart that have the rock and then a little cave?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some do not recommend hides for very young dragons at first. They need to bask and some young ones are very skiddish and may not get the necessary UV light needed. Bearded dragons may have relocation stress when you first bring them home. This may cause them to hide.

You may want to consider upgrading your 10 gallon tank. It is believed this is too small for a baby to grow properly. A 40-50 gallon breeder tank works great. For adults, you'll want a larger tank. At a minimum, 4 feet long, 2 feet wide and 2 feet tall.

Mr.Vincent

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok well thank you very much renee! i have a lot of planning and saving of money to do i will be on here daily to get more help and advice as well as to get ideas for the lizard i end up getting's cage but thank you very much!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are quite welcome. I'm sure your future dragon will love his new home and daddy.

Latest posts