• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Abby (Gecko has eggs) Need help ASAP please

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well I took the geckos to the vet yesterday. The vet STILL cannot determine the sex of Merlin. I was told by the person I got Merlin from that it was a boy. Then both vets said Merlin was a female. NOW however, since I was told Merlin was female and the geckos had been quarantined, I had Merlin and Abby together for awhile now. Abby has eggs. That's why I took them both to the vet. I now have purchased yet another tank to separate the two (the one I had used for Merlin originally is used for crickets now for the chickens).

So Merlin has his/her own tank again and Abby is in the 20 gallon long. I have an egg laying box, still determining if I need to purchase an incubator or not because I don't know if they'll be fertilized eggs or not. I don't know how long she's had them, I think it's been a few weeks but not positive. He said if she's still hasn't laid in a couple more weeks bring her in for an ultrasound. So I'm praying she'll do well. She's been a picky eater the last week or so. Merlin is just now getting to eating again.

I want to know how long it will take for the eggs to hatch if they are fertilized and when I should separate the babies. This wasn't planned but usually this is how things go for any pregnancy no matter if it's human or not. Things happen. I'm just trying to do what I can to make Abby comfortable and see if they're fertilized eggs or not. Merlin never laid eggs so odds are Merlin is in fact a male.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Here are couple of good links that you need to read through. They should answer your questions as well as help you prepare.
http://www.vmsherp.com/LCBreedingLeopards.htm

http://sleepydeegeckos.webs.com/breeding.htm

As a side note the easiest and 100% reliable way to prevent unplanned or unwanted pregnancies is to never co-habitate any creatures that you are not absolutely sure of their sex.:)

Good luck and hope things work out well for your geckos!
Enjoy!!

Latest posts