• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a new rock

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
hi i just took a rock that i like to put in my bearded dragon tank from a park how would i go about sterlizeing it i don't think it will fit in my oven can i put it in water on the stove and boil it?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i need a answer to this one soon so i can get it in the tank
would like to put it in tonight

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yes you could boil it and it would be the fastest way because if you soak it in a bleach solution , you then have to let it completely air dry

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
im not going to put it in oven going to boil in water on top of stove is that ok if so how long should i boil it for

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
another question i am going to put the rock in for a basking spot will the rock get to hot and burn my dragon my basking spot get up to 106

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
hi, l boil mine for about 20 minutes, just keep an eye on the water level.. l guess you wouldn't need to do it that long but l just like to be sure. I'm sure 10 minutes would be fine.
Rocks and bricks do heat up. You'll just have to suck it and see.. meaning you'll have to put it in and just see what it's like in about 1/2 hour.
I got caught out with a fibreglass hide l bought. I thought it would be fine but after 30 mins or so, l put my hand on it and i couldn't keep it there. I've put the hide in the cool end and it's fine.
Do you know what sort of rock it is?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
no not really it was at a park with alot of them they are color grey or silver can't tell i think it grey

Latest posts