• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A lil help with heating/lighting

Nephaleim

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
Is a ceramic heat emitter, LED lamp and an UVB bulb a good heat/light setup?

I have been very confused researching on different types of setups, so i wanted to ask of people think this is fine.

The CHE is used with the uvb on a basking area, with a rock underneath that can heat up.

The current uvb bulb i have is a coiled bulb (i did not buy it) which I'm planning to replace with a uvb/uva bulb. What good uva/uvb bulbs do you know? And is this even a good idea? Or would it be better to get a basking bulb with uva and a uvb bulb seperately? Bulbs tend to break often, so it can be expensive

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!
Is a ceramic heat emitter, LED lamp and an UVB bulb a good heat/light setup?

I have been very confused researching on different types of setups, so i wanted to ask of people think this is fine.

The CHE is used with the uvb on a basking area, with a rock underneath that can heat up.

The current uvb bulb i have is a coiled bulb (i did not buy it) which I'm planning to replace with a uvb/uva bulb. What good uva/uvb bulbs do you know? And is this even a good idea? Or would it be better to get a basking bulb with uva and a uvb bulb seperately? Bulbs tend to break often, so it can be expensive
Where are you located? I can post a website if you are in the UK area that will ship to you --- a good solid clear bright white basking bulb one good UVB long tube fixture that has a reflector are all you need - for basking bulbs etc- the CHE is good for night time temps when falling below 65 --- you must have 2 digital probe thermometers to get the accurate temps you need for the tank and basking -- there are 3 good UVB's that are recommended
24" Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt
Sunblaster Nano Tech w / a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5

Attachments

• 1699456936131.png
    1699456936131.png
    441.2 KB · Views: 1

Nephaleim

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where are you located? I can post a website if you are in the UK area that will ship to you --- a good solid clear bright white basking bulb one good UVB long tube fixture that has a reflector are all you need - for basking bulbs etc- the CHE is good for night time temps when falling below 65 --- you must have 2 digital probe thermometers to get the accurate temps you need for the tank and basking -- there are 3 good UVB's that are recommended
24" Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt
Sunblaster Nano Tech w / a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5
Does uvb have to be a long tube? Or is a regular bulb good? Not a coiled one.
My beardie didnt have a tube bulb other than the LED all his life, and he is a few years old now.
Im located in croatia, talking to you in the other thread. I made this thread to get more opinions

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Does uvb have to be a long tube? Or is a regular bulb good? Not a coiled one.
My beardie didnt have a tube bulb other than the LED all his life, and he is a few years old now.
Im located in croatia, talking to you in the other thread. I made this thread to get more opinions
I posted links in the other thread----- you need a long tube fixture for a UVB -- your dragon wont live w/ out it- I dont know what the weather is like now there but if its summer time get him outside for some good UVB- 15 minutes every day or longer will do him good -- place him in a plastic tote NO glass NO lid - but you must watch him-- or place him on you sitting in the sun / partial shade- you dont want him over heating -- please try and get a good UVB for him --- I posted other brands for you as well --- but the Arcadia and Zoo Meds come from Germany

Latest posts