• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A "crappy" sitution

dpapenha

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive had my bearded dragon for a week now and she has only pooped once...She is definitely eating, I see her eat quite frequently.
How often do they do their business?

(Im new to owning a bearded dragon, any hints or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!)

Attachments

• IMG_2725.JPG
    IMG_2725.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 26

dpapenha

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm not exactly sure how old, the pet place never told me, she's 8 inches in length if that says anything. And her temperature stays between 80-85 during the day according to the thermometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dpapenha

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her diet is just crickets and meal worms, I'm not sure what else to feed her exactly. And I have sand that the starter kit came with

phill

Bearded Dragon Egg
Forget the mealworms feed cricketers roaches locusts collard greens all good staple too start with also loose the sand reptile carpet tiles paper better safer optoin

smackey

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Your temp is not high enough. It has to be 105f during day and not below 65f at night. Also get rid of the sand its not good for them.

dpapenha

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm sure it's warmer, the temperature thing is on the other side of the tank, but When I went to the vet today she recommended me getting a special digital thermometer for the basking area so i was going to do that along with getting reptile carpet. Not sure if you saw my other post but she ended up getting sand in her eye so that stuff is gone now!!!

Jaycies

Juvenile Dragon
All great suggestions! Also, if she hasn't poo'd yet, LooptyLoo and I suggest you give her a warm bath today. She needs to poop every day as a youngster or at least every other day.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
You really need to know what the basking temp is at all times. Like mentioned above 100- 110 degrees and the cool side should be 20 degrees lower than the basking area at all time too during the day. Also, what UVB bulb do you have? Is it over the basking area. Try feeding a couple of miniature sweet petite grapes (not too many though), they are full of water and small enough for baby BD's. This helps my BD pass poop when he is having problems. Collard greens should be offered, in my opinion, they are the best staple green for BD's. Are you dusting your live feeder with Ph Free Calcium dusting? If not you need to at least 5 times a week. Another tip for gut-loading your crickets is using Total Bites for Insects. You can get them at Pets-mart and the crix really do love them. They have the needed vitamins in the gut-load that help your BD grow.

The main things are:
"Correct" basking temps
"Correct" UVB (BD's can develop Metabolic Bone Disease within 2 weeks if the UVB is not adequate enough)
"Correct" bathing
"Correct" substrate

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

dpapenha

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes it did, I already got a good temp gage just for the basking area, gave her a bath earlier and she pooped within 5 minutes, so all is well now, I have things under control now :) lily seems to be very happy now :)

Latest posts