• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A couple questions..

Leah123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey! I've had my bearded dragon for over 3 years, and she eats a diet of mainly collard greens with some dandelion greens. I'll often mix in peas and occasionally some fruit as well. For insects I feed her super worms and Dubai roaches. Recently her poop has been incredibly foul smelling, like absolutely horrible, especially today after handling her. But other than that they look pretty normal. Her behavior has been pretty much the same as usual, except she's been hiding under her log hide a little more (perhaps do to it being a very hot week?) and just a minute ago she was sitting with her mouth open under the heat lamp. I know that's a sign of heat regulation and her breathing is normal so that's not much of a concern of mine. The only recent change other than the weather is the fact that a couple weeks ago I watched my friend's male bearded dragon for a week. They didn't come in contact with one another and I made sure to wash my hands between handling them and feedings. They did see each other however through their enclosures and my friend's dragon would often go crazy with head bobbing and glass surfing until I blocked their views. Could this have stressed her out or something? Other than that I can't think of any changes. Might parasites be the issue or something else? Sorry that this post is so long, I just get quite anxious about my animals.

Leah123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes she probably got stressed and it could of flared up some parasite issues -- if its that foul smelling I would recommend you take a fecal into your local reptile vet --- call them tell them you need to have a fecal done for parasites / worms -- you would like to drop it off and go from there -- if it comes back positive you will haft to take her in for a check up but atleast you can either rule it in or out ----
kaylyn
Ok thank you! That's probably what I'll end up doing if it doesn't go back to normal in the next couple of days.

Latest posts