• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A bit of a worry!

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Hello guys,

I've recently collected my dragon from boarding while I was visiting London and since then he's only eaten the day I got him back. Yesterday he wouldn't eat a thing, didn't touch the greens or any crickets the twice I tried to feed him. I tried again this morning but still no luck.

I've noticed he hasn't pooped since then either so I'm going to give him a warm bath tonight and see what happens there.

Before boarding he used to be constantly basking and running around the viv, happy as can be. Since coming back he's spent a lot of time trying to hide, I even had to turn over his bark log as he spent nearly 6 hours under there one morning.

I am aware that he has travelled a bit (I've had to come home from University for christmas) and that the surroundings have changed regularly.

I will be taking him back to uni on Saturday and keeping him there until next winter but as for now I'm a bit concerned about him not eating at all.

If there is any help or advice anyone could offer that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Scott x

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he isn't eating much, it is just common sense that he is not going to Poop Much. Every time you rehouse your BD, it is very similar to bringing a new BD home & acclimation has to take place all over again. Slightly different temps & lighting schedules will also have to be gotten used to, once again. Regularly changing it's environment is not in the best interest of the animal's health & wellbeing.

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Alright thanks for the info germ. Yeah we only brought him cause it was absolutely the only option.

Thanks x