• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Bearded Pretend Hunger Strike

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So the past couple days I haven't had any dubias; as I ran out and am waiting on my new order...(Arrives today)(I hope)...

And Ody has been putting on a show; I offer him his greens every morning and freshen them up when I return home after work. However since it is just greens lately and no dubias he doesn't come flying out from where he is either lounging or sleeping from....now he acts aloof and doesn't care.....

I always try to hand feed him some greens and he just sits there looking at me like, ". . .what am I supposed to do with this?"

I know he's eating them though; as they disappear in time; but he won't let me see him eating them; instead acts lazy and like he's refusing to eat...(makes me feel bad; because i never want any of my animals to be hungry.)

Tonight when I get the fresh dubias he's going to go nuts...

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just as I predicted....the dubias were waiting for me when I got home just now; popped some out into his dish; he saw the dish and rocketed off the hammock and smashed right into the glass doors.....aimed right for the dish lol....if that door was open he would have shot right out of the enclosure and flew out onto the floor....

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lol they can be so stubborn it's pretty hilarious (and slightly aggravating at times). Spyra will much on her greens through out the day but when she does I'm not allowed to watch. She will take a bite than look up for a while just to make sure no ones looking. Little does she know I see her from across the room lol I just can't move or even breathe to loud or that's it! She runs back to her basking log, smh. Glad to hear your guy is satisfied again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Are Dubias the only protein he eats? Mine eat superworms, crickets and Dubias. I've never run out of all three yet but ran out of crickets this morning and only have superworms until tomorrow when the crickets and Dubias get here. Sheila wouldn't eat them because she always gets crickets in the morning and gave the last of them to Pumpkin this morning. Guess I need to make a run to the pet shop.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Are Dubias the only protein he eats? Mine eat superworms, crickets and Dubias. I've never run out of all three yet but ran out of crickets this morning and only have superworms until tomorrow when the crickets and Dubias get here. Sheila wouldn't eat them because she always gets crickets in the morning and gave the last of them to Pumpkin this morning. Guess I need to make a run to the pet shop.
Yes, i only feed dubias. He gets hornworms, and Phoenix Worms as treats. However his daily staple is dubias.

Latest posts