• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

75 gallon

beardie_joe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just got a 75 gallon tank it was my freinds and it has 2 long doors on it and came with all of the stuff to have a beardie could i have two beardie in there

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Only if you put a permanent separation it. Beardies can't live together. They will fight and or one will dominate over another.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
keeping 2 dragons together isn't something recommended or easily done. You risk the health and life of one or the other. Your best option is providing separate enclosures. Even if you separate the tank, that's only 4 square feet of living space for each.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons are not social creatures among themselves. Many have experience the agression they can have towards each other simply by having dragons in separate vivs, but they can see each other.

As everyone suggested, keep them separated. Keep in mind that caring for dragons, escpecially babies can get expensive. They can eat anywhere from 25 to 100 crickets per day. That coupled with salad mixes and possible vet bills can lead to a hefty bill.

All I'm trying to say is that since you are new to bearded dragons, I would devote your energy to the one you currently have. Once things are under control, then think about a second. These little creatures are addictive, but can be expensive.

FYI...here is the site's article on housing multiple dragons:
Housing Multiple Bearded Dragons

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I second everything Renee has said.

My 2 have to be in 2 different rooms. If they so much as see each other they both black beard and charge at each other. I have been scratched to the point of bleeding from holding 1 when it sees the other in its viv. The crazy part is 1 is male and 1 is female and they are still that aggressive towards each other.

Expensive- When Piggy was a baby she was eating 120+ crickets A DAY, hence the name Piggy. Yes she ate a little more then some but the possibility is there for yours to eat this much too, it still has not fully settled in yet so how much it will eat is still unknown. I was around $75 a month on just her crickets (these are whole sale/bulk crickets so the price was a lot cheaper then pet stores) then you add in the cost of worms, greens, treats and supplements. Then she got intestinal parasites and that cost over $300 to treat. Then you have to add in the cost of replacing UVB lights every 6 months. While the heat bulbs are not expensive they do burn out often and that all starts to add up. As they grow you have to change out their furniture.

After I had a good grasp on her, I then got an adult since I then knew how expensive it was to feed one baby.

beardie_joe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i justgot another one and they came from the same tank and have been there for awile and there just chillen not chasing not even bobin heads

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well... if you have a male and female... prepare for eggs.
If two females, you miiiiiiight be alright...That's a big might.
I would separate the two as soon as you can.
Hope this helps.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
beardie_joe said:
i justgot another one and they came from the same tank and have been there for awile and there just chillen not chasing not even bobin heads

Ugh. Why do you blatantly disregard everything that everyone on this forum says? You're putting both of those animals at risk just because you want two pets instead of one. Learn to properly take care of one animal before investing in two. People like you upset me.

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I know it can be tempting to get more than one of a cool pet, and that there is a small chance that they may not fight, but you are putting you, your wallet, and those poor lizards at risk by ignoring the advice of the bearded veterans on this site. They know what they are talking about, and you and your pets will benifit if you listen to them. Owning an exotic animal is a complicated buisness, and these people are just tryng to help. So please listen to them.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Joe.....I am just wondering something. If everybody on here tells you in this post that two beardie shouldn't be togehter, what would make you decide to go ahead and get another? I know it is tempting once you have a tank that is big enough and I am sure the pet stores are telling you okay. But....you are on here for advice.

If you put the the 2nd beardie in the other tank you have, that is okay. But you are "counting money" to feed the first one that you have. Honestly.....I think the one you have is enough.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just wish you hadn't bought another one. :( I know returning a pet is always difficult, especially if the place you bought it from has a no-return policy (as most chain pet stores do). And trust me, it'll get very expensive to take care of the one you have right now. My lizard eats about $7 worth of food every day, and vet bills are a constant worry too.

Latest posts