• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jessieb910

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I've been thinking about getting a beardie for about a year now but I didn't think I'd really get one because the petting zoo place I volunteer at has a beautiful beardie that I named Seth. but about 2 weeks ago someone stole Seth! Now I think I really do want a beardie. I've heard there easy to take care of but I've also heard there not. I'm only at my moms house every other week but I'm trying to convince my dad to let me take it there too. How easy are they to take care of and should I get one??

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, they are easy to care for once you get the basics down. There's a lot of ins and outs. But like I said, once you get it, they are pretty low maintenance.

Here is a link to some general info on the care for beardies:
Bearded Dragon Care

As far as traveling back and forth, I have heard success stories about this, but I believe they are rare. Relocation stress could take play. I'd research more on that. My theory is to let your beardie be at his home environment.

D00UUBLEB

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Routine, routine, routine. If you can fit it into your daily life the others are right; its not that difficult.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My theory is to let your beardie be at his home environment.

i definately agree. Although he may adapt to the back and forth travel a little better as an adult, there would still be an adjustment time. By the time he accomplished that....it would be time to move again. That would increase stress, raising natural coccidia levels, and generally just depleating his natural immunities over a repeated amount of several weeks.

Although it would be difficult to be away from your new pet......would your parent care for the animal while you were gone for the other week? (Most mothers get highly addicted if they take the time to learn just a little bit) lol

Latest posts