• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4th of july

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hope everyone had a great 4th of july. Mine was fun. Turns out Dr. Evil hates the 4th of July lol or at least FireWorks. As every flash that he saw he bearded and bobbed at it lol. he was running around his tank super pissed. it was so funny. The girls could have cared less. Lol.

athena

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
Turns out Dr. Evil hates the 4th of July lol or at least FireWorks. As every flash that he saw he bearded and bobbed at it lol. he was running around his tank super pissed. it was so funny. The girls could have cared less. Lol.
Wow -- this is really interesting -- was it definitely the "lightning" not the "thunder" he was responding to? --
is it likely that a male would respond to a potential threat to his dominion where "the girls" wouldn't? my alpha male cat is a gentle soul, but he does assume the responsibility of patrolling around the house looking out the windows for incursions of his territory [our yard] and reporting any threats [garbage trucks, lawn mowing crew, etc.] to me --
is it possible that Dr. Evil thought the fireworks were a flash forest fire [a dangerous threat]?
sandrin, my dragon, has always been very responsive to 1) sounds, in the house and especially when he's outside and 2) rain storms -- if you're interested, we could start a thread about this.
athena

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you know that would be an interesting topic. as i did not think of the possibility of him considering it a threat to his territories safety. It would deffinately make since. It was both the sound and the flash that he was responding to. Even after i closed the blinds (me being daddy wanted him to see 4th of july lol). He would bob at the crash/explosions and then he would flatten and display/run around for the lighting it was quite the spectacle. I ended up taking him out of his tank and letting him fall asleep in a beardie burrito as he would not stop and my neighbors had fireworks going until sometime after midnight (when i fell asleep).

Latest posts