• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

:(

Ela

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i had a bearded dragon that was 6, and i went to check it the other day and it had died, :( it was fine the day before he ran about and ate noramlly and when we took him to the vet they said he was healthy and had no internal problems. does anyone know why he could have died?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very sorry 4 your loss :(. Being it was that sudden & shortly after a trip 2 the vet, this must be very frustrating 4 u. As far as a cause goes, unfortunately it's anyones guess. If lighting, temps & diet were correct & your dragon was given a healthy report at the Vet, it's hard 2 tell. Do you know what the Vet checked your dragon 4?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
sorry for your loss. i lost one of my females last week and all the bloodwork showed was elevated calcium and phosphorous levels which can be signs of dehydration which is crazy because mine get several baths a week and are drinkers. her ovaries were also enlarged slightly with developing follicles which is unusual since she has never been with a male AND was 3 years old. so we basically dont know what the heck happened. THEN.....one of my young dumbo rats had to be put down 2 days later because mycoplasma kicked his little butt. from a veteranarian standpoint, the reptile practice is still in it's infancy, especially when it comes to bearded dragons. 6 years is considered a good life for a dragon these days. my guys are going to be part of a study in florida and germany where we are sending blood samples for test different values like EPH in different weight and age ranges in an effort to help determine what these values actually mean. we dont have much of a baseline to draw from with these guys. i sure hope it helps as these samples are going to be tsested and researched by some of the best in the world. hopefully your next dragon will have a happy healthy life also. they are great companions and we all miss them dearly when they are gone.

Latest posts